Every individual person buys the goods and services in life for their daily needs. As the buyers are increasing, therefore parallelly sellers are also increasing to sell different types of products to the consumers.
The Reliance jio on Sept 5, 2016, made an impact on the internet and the usage of data had changed people’s way into digital. The 4GB of free data per day was made to increase the purchase of smartphones and the usage of the internet all over India.
As the usage of the internet goes high the online selling sites in India also grown-up day to day.
And, pandemic made another impact on ecommerce that had changed the people to shop online from their homes. These impacts made the demand for online selling platforms in India and for all the offline sellers to sell online.
Right Now ecommerce industry is the fastest growing industry in India with a market value estimated to reach 200 billion US dollars according to Statista.
So keeping aside this article you will see the best online selling sites in India if you want to start your ecommerce business.
Table of Contents
- Roles of online selling sites in India
- Why choose online selling platforms to sell
- Benefits of online selling sites in India
- Top 10 Best online selling sites in India
And, To give you clarity the terms online selling sites, online selling platforms, and online marketplaces refer to the same thing.
So now let’s move forward to know more information in the article.
Roles of Online Selling Sites in India
The online marketplaces in ecommerce industry provide the best source for startups and small businesses to start their business online in an easy and efficient way.
The online selling sites have different categories to start selling for small business owners with less investment.
These online marketplaces make the process easier for consumers, as well as sellers to sell the products without making a great effort.
The online selling platforms in India provide customers engagement, make to reach the product to huge people, and make transactions easier between sellers and consumers.
The digital world is increasing and marketing is going globally digital, thus the future of ecommerce is nowhere comes down.
Why choose online selling platforms to sell
The online selling platforms in India provides sellers to sell the product easily by providing a small commission fee to them by signing up for free.
The online marketplaces already have millions of customers in their accounts. So it is easy and useful for sellers not to look for the new audiences to sell their products.
The sellers can easily sell by sitting at home without managing the inventory and shipping, As some of this online selling, sites provide fulfillment of orders by themselves by holding the inventory at their places and shipping the product easily to customers.
Benefits of Online Selling Sites In India
There are some great benefits for small business owners or start-ups to sell their products in the online marketplaces. Here are some of the benefits listed below.
- Easy to Start a business with less investment.
- Online marketplaces are open 24/7 and visible for 365 days for consumers.
- The platforms give you a large customer base across the globe.
- You can make your brand awareness easy to reach most people.
- Online marketplaces provide trustworthy to the buyers
- Take care of the inventory and provide shipping to the customers.
- Easy and secure transactions between buyers and sellers.
- Provides to track customers buying interest on their dashboard.
Now let’s dive into best into the list of online selling sites in India.
10 Best Online Selling Sites in India to Sell products
Start your online business by registering on these online marketplaces all over India as well as globally. To register your business on these online sites you just need the three documents mentioned below.
- Pan card
- Gst certificate
- Cancel Cheque/ Bank account
The List of Online Marketplaces is mentioned below.
Amazon is the topmost online marketplace all over India. Like Google, Amazon has the most visitors to the site with 89% percent in India.
Amazon was started in the year 1994 by Jeff Bezos. The Amazon headquarters is situated in Seattle, Washington US.
In beginning, amazon started by selling books. Later in progress in 1998, it included Electronic video games and DVDs in its sales.
While the success, In June 2013 amazon came into India and started selling all the different types of categories on Amazon India, while it received 10000 orders on its first operational day.
Right now Amazon India has 30 plus various categories like electronics, fashion, Home Appliances, Books, Toys, Travel accessories, Health and fitness and etc, with millions of customers purchasing online every month.
Amazon collects a minimum amount of fee such as a Referal fee of 2% based on product category, the closing fee starts at 2rs per item based on product price range, and Delivery fee on the weight of the product, distance starts at 28 rs per item.
Benefits of Selling on Amazon
- Amazon global selling, where you can sell internationally with huge profits.
- Amazon provides a Secure and Fastest payment process.
- Fulfillment By Amazon, where you can store your products at amazon FBA centers and they take care of packing, shipping, and delivery of the product to the customer.
- Amazon allows sellers to advertise their products to be visible to the customers and connect with the target audience.
- It provides a user-friendly interface for both sellers and customers to make the process easy.
Create Amazon India seller Registration here
The other second online selling site in India is Flipkart.
Flipkart is an Indian ecommerce company founded by two Indian giants Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007. Both founders are former Amazon employees.
Flipkart headquarters is situated in Bangalore India, It has started selling books the same as amazon, and while in progress Flipkart added all other product categories to its platform such as Home furniture, Smartphones, and Fashion, Electronics, Beauty, Toys, etc and became a reputed company in India.
Flipkart is also the best online marketplace for startups and SMEs with a 1 billion customer base.
Flipkart also collects a fee, structured as
- commission fee on ( percentage of order item value),
- Shipping fee(on the weight of product and shipping location),
- Collection fee(Payment gateway or cash collection fee for every sale),
- Fixed fee( small fee for all transactions).
Benefits of Selling on Flipkart.
- Flipkart offers transparency and equal opportunities for all the sellers,
- Overall It holds 30% of the market share all over India.
- It provides its own logistics partner Ekart to pick up and deliver all over India.
- The payment process is settled in less than 7 days of the sale.
Create Flipkart Seller Registration here
The third online selling site in India is Myntra which started in the year 2007.
Myntra, was founded by Mukesh Bansal, Vineeth Saxena, and Ashutosh Lawania. It is headquartered in Bangalore.
In the beginning, Myntra started with personalized gift items for B2B customers. Later, In 2011 Myntra changed its store into a fashion and lifestyle platform and stopped selling Gift customization.
In 2014 Myntra is acquired by Flipkart and an increase in sales happened. It became people’s home and trust to buy a fashion-related product on Myntra.
It has a 40Million registered customer base and 350+ brands are selling on Myntra such as men’s fashion, women’s fashion, and kids’ fashion. Home & Kitchen, Beauty, etc.
There is no constant price to sell on Myntra. Depending upon the products and brands, Myntra charges a 4-5 percent flat commission.
Benefits of Selling on Myntra
- It became the topmost online marketplace for the fashion and lifestyle industry and the best choice for clothing retailers or suppliers to sell on Myntra.
- The product will be packed and shipped by Myntra to deliver to the customers.
- Multichannel promotions campaigns by Myntra help to focus you on brand improvement.
Create Myntra Seller Registration here
Snapdeal is the fourth online selling site in India is started in the year 2010.
The founders of Snapdeal are Kunal Behal and Rohit Bansal. The headquarters of Snapdeal is situated in New Delhi.
In the beginning, Snapdeal started with Daily deals. Later in 2011, Snapdeal started its own online marketplace.
Snapdeal also has many categories such as Fashion, Home and Kitchen, Beauty and Health, Sports and fitness, electronics, etc, with various types of products.
Snapdeal has already 50000+ registered sellers across India with a target audience and huge customer base.
Snapdeal also collects the fee to sell the products (Commission fee + Collection fee + Shipping fee) and Gst on all three mentioned.
Benefits of Selling on snapdeal
- Snapdeal provides a simple and easy seller zone dashboard to manage the orders.
- It also provides low-interest rates and collateral-free loans for every business owner to expand their business.
- Snapdeal provides quick and hassle-free payments to the sellers once the order is fulfilled.
Create Snapdeal Seller Registration here
The fifth online selling platform in India is Paytm which started in the year 2010.
The founder of Paytm is Vijay Shekhar Sharma and its headquarters is in Noida.
In the beginning, Paytm started an online payment wallet that provided users to transfer money digitally. Later 2017, Paytm launched its own marketplace known as Paytm Mall. From them Paytm has started selling all different categories online.
Paytm mall have already 100k+ merchants selling top categories such as Jewellery, Grocery, and Home Decor, Fashion, Beauty Health, etc with a 10cr+ customer base.
Paytm also collects nominal fees such as marketplace commission, payment gateway charges, logistics charges, and Fixed closed fees.
Benefits of selling on Paytm
- It provides hassle-free shipping and the fastest payment cycle to the sellers.
- Paytm offers its customers a mall as well as a marketplace across india.
- It provides a safe and easy selling platform.
Create Paytm Seller Registration here
The Sixth online selling platform in India is meesho which is started in 2015.
The founders of Meesho are Vidit Athrey and Sanjeev Bansal and its headquarters is situated in Bangalore.
Meesho started with a new concept as a social commerce platform. Here there will be a Reseller in between the seller and buyer to sell the products by sharing products on social media platforms.
In beginning, Meesho started with fewer categories but slowly it expanded to various categories to sell on its platform. Meesho has already registered with 1lakh plus suppliers on its platform to sell and have crores of customers across India.
Check How to sell on Meesho here
Benefits of Selling on Meesho
- Zero% commission fee for suppliers selling on Meesho.
- No Penalty charges will be there if an order is canceled or late dispatched.
- Interactive dashboard for easy product listing.
- Low-cost shipping and 7 days payment cycle after the delivery date of the product.
Create Meesho Seller Registration here
The Seventh online selling site in India is Indiamart which started in the year 1996.
Indiamart was founded by Dinesh Agarwal and Brijesh Agarwal. It is headquartered in Noida.
Indiamart is the largest B2B online marketplace in India where it connects Manufacturers, Suppliers, and Buyers online.
Indiamart has 149 million buyers and 83 Million products and services such as Industrial Machinery, Drugs and Pharma, Electronics and Electricals, Food and Agriculture, etc.
There is free registration for sellers. However, Indiamart charges subscriptions as per the lead requirement for businesses.
Benefits of Selling on Indiamart
The sellers will be verified by the Indiamart team to deliver genuine products to the buyers so that businesses can run with high returns and profits.
Indiamart holds 60% of the market share in online marketplaces, to sell the products to the customers.
It is one best marketplace for startups and SMEs to list their products and services.
Create Indiamart Seller Registration here
The eighth online selling site in India is Shopclues, which started in the year 2011.
Shopclues was founded by Sandeep Agarwal, Radhika Agarwal, and Sanjay Sethi. Its headquarters is situated in Gurgaon.
Shopclues is one of the reputed companies in the online marketplaces in India. It has also had various categories on the platform such as men’s and women’s fashion, sports, Dining and Kitchen, Food & Beverages, Nutrition & Supplements, and more with 100 million visitors every year.
Shopclues collects a service fee after a successful transaction happens between seller and buyer. However, there is no such registration fee or product listing fee.
Benefits of Selling on Shopclues
- Shopclues offers fulfillment services to the business owners to pick the product, pack and ship the product to the customer.
- It offers a promotion platform to the sellers for higher visibility to generate leads for prime users.
Create Shopclues Seller Registration here
The night Online selling platform in India is Firstcry, which is started in 2010.
Firstcry was founded by Supam Maheswari, Prashanth Jadhav, Amitava Saha, and Sanket Hattimathur. It is headquartered in Pune.
Firstcry is focused on baby products, and kids products such as Boy fashion, Girl’s Fashion, Toys, Diapering, Feeding, etc.
If you have products related to babies and kids, then you can easily sell them online on this marketplace. It is the best platform to sell all kids-related products.
Firstcry offers an offline store as well as a franchise to the sellers. Firstcry has already opened 350 stores across India that sell kid’s fashion products.
Benefits of Selling on Firstcry
- Firstcry has 90 million monthly visitors to the store.
- It gives a high-profit margin for the sellers.
- Easy returns and provides faster payback to the sellers.
Create Firstcry Seller Registration here
The tenth online selling site in India is Nykaa, which started in the year 2012.
Nykaa was founded by Falguni Nayar and is headquartered in Mumbai. It is the first startup in the ecommerce industry headed by women with huge brand awareness.
Nykaa is basically started as a niche store that focused on women’s lifestyles such as Beauty items, Health, and fitness, Makeup and skincare, etc. Later, it started to jump into men and kitchen and appliances categories.
Nykaa has already over 15 million registered users with 1.5 million orders per month. And, throughout India Nykaa had 90+ outlets. Nykaa also launched its IPO on October 28th 2021.
Nykaa charges from sellers at one time at the beginning of the registration process that costs 10,000/- which is non-refundable. If you have a product that is women-related then Nykaa would be the best choice for an online marketplace.
Benefits of Selling on Nykaa
- As Nykaa is a Niche store it targets only women for the beauty-focused audience which helps sellers to target audiences easily.
- It provides 24/7 delivery to the customers and also has offline retail stores to list your product.
Create Nykaa Seller Registration here
Almost everything covered in the article, If you want to start your online business, it is better to choose the online marketplace with a huge customer base and make your brand reach the customers.
I have listed above 10 online selling platforms in India, so you can choose any one of them as per your product and target audience.
As time goes if your business got some ROI you can target multiple online marketplaces to sell or you can open your own ecommerce store.
I hope you liked the article about online selling sites in India. If you have any doubts free to ask in the comments I am happy to read and reply to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the largest online marketplace in India?
Amazon India is the largest online marketplace in India with 168+ million products and 100 million registered users, with a 40% market share.
How many online marketplaces are there in India?
There are 10+ Online marketplaces in India to sell the products. As per the growing ecommerce market, there are a lot of marketplaces that are rising in India.
Where can I sell my products in India?
You can sell your products online in India by registering on the online marketplaces or by opening your own online store.
Do I need a business license to sell online in India?
Yes, to sell online in India every individual business owners need a business license to sell the products.
Is Gst mandatory to register on online selling platforms in India?
Yes, GST is mandatory to sell your products or for registering your business on online selling platforms in India.